Tuesday, July 4, 2023

I Did It!

Hi Everybody,

I know I have been away from this and my Glad Living blogs for the past couple of months. I thought I would update you all on what I have been doing. I took the NaNoWrimo (National Novel Writing Month) Challenge back in November and wrote 60K words. I finished my novel on January 9th and pre-editing I have 146, 548 words. This has been a wonderful experience overall, despite a few times where I doubted I could actually do it. I would encourage writers with novels inside them that have been putting them off for another day to learn more about the NaNo Challenge, and to look around the various communities there where writers can find plenty of free resources to help with writing that blockbuster novel. Bookmark this blog first and then follow this link for more information. http://www.nanowrimo.org/

What’s next for my novel? Editing, editing, editing! I am also researching going the route of obtaining a literary agent to do the work of shopping my book to publishers. I know there is a lot of “buzz” about self-publishing these days, however this just does not seem appealing to me at this point. I may change my mind on down the line, but for now I will polish my manuscript, draft a powerful query letter, and make a few submissions to literary agents and see what happens. I have read in various web articles and blogs that it can take a year or more for a good novel to make it onto bookstore shelves. I will keep you updated on what happens with my novel Wish me luck gang!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment